Just Twittering...

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, January 1, 2009

    You know you're a nurse when....






    ...you think your husband is your patient in the middle of the night...

    -----------------------------------
    sometime around 2:30am:

    Me: unintelligible mumbling

    Ryan (groggy): "What'd you say?"

    Me: "What's your pain level?"

    Ryan (a little confused and half asleep): "Well, I'm pretty sure it's a zero...[long pause]..I don't think you need to be working while you are sleeping."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am required to ask my patients a zillion times a day to rate their pain "on a scale from 1 to 10...ten being the worst pain you could ever imagine..."

    So, what's your pain level?



    2 comments:

    DanieLauryn said...

    This one made me laugh.
    Oh, and it is zero. ;o)

    The Allens said...

    That is hilarious Ashley! You know you have been working way too much when you start asking stuff like that in your sleep! And you went in today to help out too!